Smart Budget Tips for Sparkling Holiday Parties
- Incorporate holiday cards and favorite photos into the décor – create a tabletop collage on a table runner or a tablecloth using holiday cards and favorite photos by hot gluing them to a fabric runner or linen. Trim the edges to fit and end up with the perfect tabletop of Smiles and Good Wishes.
- Have a Kiss-Me Holiday Cake Party– a home-baked cake decorated with chocolate kisses used as a table centerpiece. Cake adds a wonderful décor item and also doubles as dessert. Hang mistletoe over the table and enjoy celebrating a wonderful ancient Christmas tradition.
Kiss Me For Christmas
- Serve a signature drink to save money and tie in your color scheme. Combining sparkling wine with Crème de Cassis creates a festive Burgundy Blast. Vodka, Mellon Liqueur with a sprig of mint makes a sparkling Green Goddess.
- Shop at Trader Joe’s and Costco for easy-to-arrange fresh flowers or ready-to-go plants. Priced at less than $10 each, holiday plants last a long time and can be planted in your garden later or given as gifts. Easy to set up – simply place inside a holiday bag from Target – the options are endless and cost-effective.
- Transform everyday household items into party decorations. Colorful shower curtain (less than $10) became a festive tablecloth and coordinating duct tape adds surprising and fun decorator touches to drinking glasses.
Holiday decor with colorful duct tape and shower curtain
- Shatter-resistant ornaments add brightness and cheer to a buffet table or centerpiece when placed in glass containers. Priced at $15 for a set of 50, these fun colorful ornaments can be used again next year. Hooray for green ideas!
- Serve up everyone’s favorite comfort food, with a gourmet twist and skip the expensive cut of meat – Fontina mac’n’cheese as part of a mac’n’cheese bar. Include your favorite gourmet cheeses, such as Gruyere or Mascarpone and top it off with Panko (Japanese bread crumbs).
- Play the gift exchange game in lieu of entertainment. Invite every guest to bring a wrapped unisex gift valued up to $15 and have fun with a gift grab game.
More tips on creating fun and festive holiday table decorations.