I hope that you will try some of my ideas for creating special moments during the week leading up to your wedding. Part 1 was to help you remember the big picture and reason behind all of the wedding planning – because you want to shout from the roof-tops that you found your soul mate and the two of you will spend the rest of your lives together. Now, as promised, here is the more practical and expected list of last minute reminders to help you keep on top of your wedding planning timeline and activities.
The big idea is that you plan, organize, meet, investigate and coordinate all aspects of your wedding day well ahead of time, so that in the last week before your wedding, you have everything under control and there are no surprises.
- Prepare your marriage license and keep it with all the other items you will take to your wedding ceremony site.
- Make sure that each of your vendors has your wedding day timeline – get a confirmation that everything is all set. I suggest that you finalize the timeline and distribute it to everyone two weeks prior to your wedding.
- Provide final meal counts to your caterer.
- Make sure that the person helping you coordinate all the wedding day events has a copy of your music (CD) for your first dance and other special music that you’ve selected.
- Wrap the gifts for your bridal party, write special notes. And don’t forget the most important person – your fiancé! Handwritten love notes and cards add a wonderful emotion to your wedding day.
- Practice saying your vows out loud!
- Write down notes for your toast and speech – don’t count on your memory and spontaneity to carry you through.
- Designate friends and family members that can help you meet out of town guests – as much as you may want to welcome everyone yourself, you may not have the time.
- Let go of the details – it’s time to look forward to the celebration!
- Practice taking mental pictures so that you don’t miss a thing.
- This is the bonus suggestion… Rest, Rest, Rest! You should make sure that you get lots of rest and relaxation in the last week before your wedding. You will want to feel and look your best on your wedding day.